Q&A / Individuals

Tax Preparation


1. How much do you charge for tax preparation?

Tax preparation starts at $145 and since the price varies from individual to individual we do FREE estimates. The price of a tax return depends on the complexity of each individual’s scenario. We charge for forms or schedules. So, if you are a taxpayer who is a sole-proprietor, itemizes deductions, and has dependents under the age of 17, the price of your return will be very different from that of an individual who is single and has a W-2.

2. Do I need an appointment to get my taxes done?

No, you do not need to make an appointment to get your taxes prepared. Although, there are times when it is suggested. During the tax season, you may just walk-in to get your tax prepared. But, after April 15, we recommend you schedule an appointment.

3. What do I need to have on-hand to do my taxes?

Every situation is different so this might vary, but there are a few basic things you should have with you:

  • Personal Information for each family member (birth certificates, school records, SSN, picture ID, etc.)
  • Income information (forms W-2, 1099-Misc, 1099-Int, 1099-Div, etc.)
  • Medical Health Insurance coverage forms (1095-A,B, or C)
  • Deductions or expenses (medical expenses, real estate taxes, education expenses, mortgage interest, etc.)
  • Previous year’s tax return

4. How long would it take to do my taxes?

On average, preparing a tax return can take from 30 minutes to an hour. But, if you are worried about having to wait long hours at the preparer's office, we suggest you schedule an appointment.

5. Do I have to pay the preparation right away?

Yes. However, we offer several payment options in which you can pay from your refund.

6. Can you do my taxes over the phone or through email?

Yes. You will need to provide a copy of all related documents in order for us to prepare your taxes. You can submit these by email or fax. Once we have prepared the return, we send a draft or discuss it with you over the phone to get your approval.

9. Are you certified?

Yes. Every one of our preparers is registered with the IRS and have their own PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number). But, most importantly, we have a CPA, who reviews all tax returns sent to the IRS.

10. Can I prepare my own income taxes?

Yes. Not everyone needs a CPA or tax preparer, especially if it is a simple tax. There are many free or relatively cheap options online that might be right for you.


1. Can I choose direct deposit for my refund?

Yes. You can have your refund directly deposited into whatever bank account you want.

2. How fast will I get my refund?

Generally, it is less than 10 days for electronically filed returns, and 14 - 21 days for paper returns. However, this depends on how fast the IRS can process your return. So, it is not unlikely for some refunds to take more than 21 days, especially if you are receiving credits for your dependents.

3. Can I check the status of my refund?

Yes. You can check the status of your refund by visiting the following IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds. You will need to provide your SSN, Filing Status, and Expected Refund Amount.

4. I received a different refund amount. What do I do?

First, go to Where's My Refund (https://www.irs.gov/refunds) and get a Refund Status. If you are still unclear, contact your preparer or the IRS directly.

5. I lost or damaged my refund check. Can I request another one?

Yes. You can request a new refund check by filling out Form 3911 and sending it to the corresponding address.

6. I never received my refund. What do I do?

You can ask for a new refund check by filling out Form 3911 and sending it to the corresponding address.

7. I think the account number is incorrect. Can I change it?

No. Once the tax return is filed, the account number can't be changed. It is highly important that you contact your preparer or the IRS directly if you think the refund might be going to the wrong account.

8. Can you call the IRS on my behalf?

Yes. You will need to sign and submit Form 2848 to us and pay the corresponding fee. The IRS will not provide any information to a Third Party without a proper Power Of Attorney.

9. The IRS sent me a letter instead of a refund. What do I do?

Take the letter to your preparer and find out if there is an issue. If an action needs to be taken, your preparer should be able to provide guidance and represent you if needed.

Changes & Audits

1. Can I change the address on my tax return?
Yes. You will need to submit Form 8822 to do so. Also, if you think the Refund check might be going to an incorrect address, you need to call your tax preparer or the IRS directly as soon as possible.

2. I forgot to put something on my return. Can I add it later?
Yes. You might need to send a 1040X Amended Return.

3. I'm being audited? Can you help?
Yes. We can represent you in case of an audit. Make sure you DO NOT ignore IRS correspondence, since this might have repercussions that could potentially hurt your wallet and finances. We suggest to take the letter to your preparer or us for further assistance.

4. The IRS is proposing changes to my tax return. What now?
You have been audited. Make sure you understand the proposed changes and the reason for them. DO NOT ignore it, since this might have repercussions that could potentially hurt your wallet and finances. We suggest to take the letter to your preparer for further assistance.

5. The IRS sent me a bill and I don't know why.
This might be due to changes on your tax return made by the IRS. The IRS usually notifies the tax payer before making any changes. Your tax preparer will need these notices to better serve you. If you haven't received any previous notifications, your preparer might be able to help by requesting a Transcript by submitting Form

6. What is a levy?
An IRS levy permits the legal seizure of your property to satisfy a tax debt. It can garnish wages, take money in your bank or other financial account, seize and sell your vehicle(s), real estate and other personal property.

7. Can you guarantee my refund if represented?
We guarantee you will receive the Refund you are entitled for, considering the information you have provided is accurate and there are no missing pieces of information that might be essential.

8. How do I pay the IRS?
You can pay using a credit or debit card, or you can pay directly from your bank account. All you have to do is visit the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/payments. Also, you can send a check or money order to the corresponding address.

9. What is an Offer in Compromise?
Offer in Compromise is an IRS program which allows qualified individuals with an unpaid tax debt to negotiate a settled amount that is less than the total owed to clear the debt. Find out if you qualify for an Offer in Compromise by contacting us and asking for more information about the debt negotiation process.


If your questions are not answered here, feel free to contact us by email or call us.

770- 704-9906